CELTIC have been involved in many high-scoring games in Europe over the years, none more so than a European Cup first round tie in 1970...

RAYMOND BLACK (Stewarton) - Celtic have obviously had an extensive European record, but I find it hard to believe, on hearsay from a colleague at work, that they once won a tie by 14 goals to nil. Can you confirm if this was the case?

Celtic did indeed win a European tie by 14 goals to nil, although that was the aggregate score.

In the first round of the 1970-71 European Cup they defeated Finnish side KPV Kokkola by nine goals to nil at home.

They then completed the rout by winning by five goals to nil in the away leg in Finland.

In the first game the scorers were: Hood (3), Wilson (2), Hughes, McNeill, Johnstone and Davidson, and in the away leg: Wallace (2), Callaghan, Davidson and Lennox.

JOHN (Cardonald) - My mate teases me about two Scottish Cup Final firsts which Rangers have the unenviable record of holding. Could you shed any light on what these are?

He is most likely referring to the 1929 Scottish Cup final when Kilmarnock lifted the trophy with a 2-0 victory over Rangers.

During the match Rangers' Tully Craig became the first player to miss a penalty, and Jock Buchanan the first to be sent off in a Scottish Cup final.

JIM (Chapelhall) - My grandfather, who supports Airdrie, told me of a 10-goal thriller in an away match against Aberdeen in the early Seventies. He was a teenager at the time and said that it wasn't a happy journey home. Can you give me details of the game?

The game was probably the one on August 22, 1970. Aberdeen won the match. They led 5-1 at half-time through a Joe Harper hat-trick and goals from Robb and Boel.

Jarvie scored Airdrie's first half goal. In the second half Airdrie fought back with goals from Cowan and Busby to make it 5-3 but two late goals, a fourth from Harper and an own goal from Jonquin made the final score 7-3.

ANGUS GUY (Clarkston) - I seem to remember that in the mid-Seventies Montrose scored goals into double figures against a team from the Borders. Can you confirm this?

On January 4, 1975, Montrose travelled to East of Scotland league club Vale of Leithen for a Scottish Cup second-round tie, and won 12-0!

Goalscorers for the Gable Endies were Livingstone (3), Barr (2), Cameron (4), Watson, Guthrie and Stewart.