Glasgow Warriors continued their domination of the Pro14’s A conference with yet another bonus point victory against a Cardiff side that had to play more than half the match a man short.

The men from Wales had begun their bid to end their hosts’ winning run at Scotstoun in sprightly fashion, but had no real chance of generating an upset following prop Taufaao Filise’s dismissal late in the opening half.

By then Glasgow had recovered from a shaky start which had seen them concede the game’s first kickable penalty inside less than half a minute, leaving Jarrod Evans, the Blues stand off, an easy job of nudging his side in front.

And around seven minutes later the make-shift looking home team found itself 10 points down after Willis Halaholo arrived from deep to create an extra man in the back line and send Josh Turnbull over in the left corner, Evans converting well from the touchline.

Glasgow then had a chance to get on the scoreboard 11 minutes into the game when they were awarded a penalty midway inside their opponents’ half, but made a declaration of intent by kicking to touch.

It failed to pay off first time around, but when they were given a second penalty chance to camp themselves close to the Cardiff line they stretched the defence moving left to right, before Horne spotted Sam Johnson wide on the left touchline and judged his left-footed cross kick perfectly.

The centre still had work to do as he gathered it 10 metres from the line, but he fended off Tomos Williams, before rounding Gareth Anscombe and touching down, Horne adding the extra points.

Evans knocked over a second penalty to edge his side six points clear soon after. However the match swung Glasgow’s way once and for all when, after lengthy consultation with the television official, Owens surprised most in the ground by deciding the high tackle that had ended new Scotland cap George Turner’s involvement, had been serious enough to merit a red card for Taufaao Filise.

Glasgow wasted little time in capitalising on the man advantage Matt Smith giving them impetus with a powerful run down the left, breaking two tackles in getting within 10 metres.

When he was stopped the ball was recycled quickly and shifted to the opposite flank where Callum Gibbins threw an inside pass which was deflected into Alex Dunbar’s path and the Scotland centre twisted his way out of a tackle to score a try that Horne converted to put his side ahead for the first time.

The score came at further cost, Smith suffering a head injury that ended his game.

Cardiff reclaimed the lead with a third Evans penalty early in the second half, but when Olly Robinson was sin-binned after they had committed another string of offences at close range they were in desperate trouble.

Moments later Glasgow had their third try, a series of pick and drives sucking in the depleted defence before the ball was shifted wide right where Dunbar put man-of-the-match Ruaridh Jackson in, Horne again converting from the touchline.

The fourth try that brought the bonus point was inevitable and it was registered by replacement prop Samu Vunisa, plunging over from a close range ruck and they added two more late on, a neat Horne grubber kick allowed Leo Sarto to touch down on the left, before a Niko Matawalu chip and chase wrapped up the entertainment.