MOTHERWELL have contacted the Scottish FA to express their views over the controversial refereeing calls in their clashes with Celtic.

The Steelmen were incensed on Sunday as Cedric Kipre was punished for a foul on Scott Sinclair during the Betfred Cup final.

And their anger was compounded on Wednesday as Sinclair scored a dramatic late equaliser from the spot after Andy Rose was judged to have brought down Callum McGregor.

A club statement read: “Many supporters have contacted the club today seeking clarity on our position regarding incidents during Wednesday night’s fixture with Celtic.

“Firstly, it is unfortunate yet another Motherwell match has been dominated by a debatable decision from a match official. It is a call that has left the majority of our supporters again feeling extremely frustrated.

“Whilst everyone in football accepts match officials have a challenging role, and getting everything correct is almost impossible, it is disappointing to see high profile decisions affect both Wednesday night’s match and the Betfred Cup final in the way they have.

“To that end, we have made contact with the Scottish FA's Head of Refereeing to express our views and seek feedback.

“In addition, the board would like to thank our fans for yet another strong turnout and for their backing of the team. Our average attendances are up almost 30% this season as Stephen Robinson and his squad continue to capture the imagination.”

The bad blood between the clubs continued on Thursday as Scott Brown claimed coins were thrown onto the Fir Park pitch during the 1-1 draw.

The Well statement continued: “However, we also note the comments of the Celtic captain today.

“As we do at every match at Fir Park, if any incidents are reported to us, we will fully investigate them. Should any evidence exist, we will take appropriate action against any individuals who have acted unacceptably.

“In addition, we will work with Celtic Football Club to fully investigate, amongst other things, the numerous acts of vandalism, including 206 broken seats, damaged toilets and graffiti in the McEwan Fraser Legal South Stand.”